On 20 October 2023, Wayne Walsh SC and Fergus Tam led a CPD webinar organised by the Hong Kong Academy of Law. The event was well-attended, and participants were able to gain practical insights into the following aspects of cross-border cooperation and investigations:
- Law Enforcement Cooperation with the Mainland and other places
- Fugitive Offenders Ordinance (Cap. 503), Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Ordinance (Cap. 525), the Extradition Bill, unlawful rendition, recent cases
- Money Laundering and Proceeds of Crime
- Organized and Serious Crimes Ordinance (Cap. 455), the money laundering offence, restraining and confiscation of funds belonging to defendants residing in the Mainland and other places, recent cases
- Prevention of Bribery Ordinance (Cap. 201), public / private sector corruption offences, permission for defendants to leave Hong Kong for the Mainland and other places, recent cases
Parkside Chambers would like to thank the Law Society for organizing the event as well as the attendees for their interest in the Webinar.
For Wayne’s profile, please click here.
For Fergus’s profile, please click here.
If you are interested in arranging CPD Seminars with members of Parkside Chambers, please contact Cissy Lo at firstname.lastname@example.org.